IE7 & System Works 2005

Symantec System Works Error
System Works Error

I don't know if this is an error that happens only with me, because I could not find anything on the Internet yet, but as soon as I installed IE7 I ran into a strange error with my Norton System Works 2005.

This error occurs when I try to access the following settings of the Internet Worm Protection of the Norton System Works 2005:

  • General Rules
  • Trojan Rules

The other settings are fine.

After the error occurs I can't add any other rule, however I can edit and remove the existing rules. The complete error message is as follow:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.


 Line: 476
 Char: 8
Error: 'szModify' is undefined
 Code: 0
  URL: res://fwui.dll/ruleSummary.htm

I will keep posting information about IE7 as I gather some from its use.

In the meantime I will contact Symantec to see if they have some workaround for this, although I think I will be better off without asking them.

When I was having trouble setting up a connection with an email server that requires SSL the Symantec suggested turning off the email protection, because they (Symantec) did not have support for it.

Editted to Add:

You can can learn how to fix this on my post IE7 & SW 2005 - Follow up.

And read the Symantec reply here.

Comments