The shortcomings of NOT living in USA!

I'm not sure if I ever exposed this here, but currently I'm not living in US, even though much of my daily dealings involve US in one way or another, be it a client or supplier.

After all we live in a connected world, specially after the Internet.

Today I got flabbergasted with the GameStop intenert store.

I went there to pre-order two games that are due this fall:

  • Batman: Arkham City; &
  • Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Both of them about $50 at the store.

So I went right ahead, added the games to the virtual shopping cart and proceeded to checkout.

There I got stunned. They attempted to charge me $120 for shipping and handling ($60 for each game).

Yep! You read right SIXTY dollars for a fifty dollars merchandize. A whooping 120% surcharge. Just because I'm currently not living in USA.

And when you start comparing things, like the minimum amount they charge to an ordinary (up to 7 days) delivery in the US is $2, you get a mind blowing 3,000% difference between charges.

To add insult to injury, the USPS lists an International Flat Rate box - perfect to send games overseas - for about $14.

I send a very angry letter to them to let they know that the world isn't only the USA.

Comments