Printing PDF programmatically in C# - Part I

Currently, I'm working on a project that requires editing and printing PDF files to specific printers.

At first, I tried to use the latest version of PdfSharp. But, unfortunately, PdfSharp does not provide printing facilities.

Searching online I found PDFtoPrinterWrapper that is a C# wrapper around PDFtoPrinter which is a command-line utility that send PDF files to the printer, made available by Columbia University.

I use the wrapper and everything was just fine.

Now, I've got a request that the printer needs to use non-standard paper sizes. But the wrapper and the command-line utility I'm using do not have the possibility of configuring the paper size.

Columbia University was kind enough to provide the source code of their command-line utility, which was written in AutoIt, which is a scripting language.

Analyzing the source code, I realized that the utility itself was a wrapper around qpdf28.dll

So, I was using a wrapper of a wrapper of a DLL.

QPDF’s documentation can be found here.

Comments